Popcorn Site Sales
[Details below are for 2019 sales; Site will be updated once this year’s info is available.]
The popcorn sales fundraiser is our biggest of the year and raises funds to support events and to keep dues reasonable. Each scout should take at least one 2-hour shift.
Below is some information about what the sales entail and what the scouts will be doing during their shifts.
What to do before your shift
- Set up a Scout Account for your child through Trail’s End (Trail’s End is the vendor providing us with the popcorn).
- Through the app, you can enter in what shifts your scout is doing. Scouts can get Amazon Gift cards based on the sales during their shift.
- Here’s how to set-up an account:
- Go to www.Trails-End.com
- Click Register in the top right corner (or Sign In if you have an account)
- Follow the prompts to complete the registration
- Further information about the app and taking order through the app can be found at http://www.gec-bsa.org/document/2019-trails-end-digital-take-order-app-setup-inst/194099.
- Download the Trail’s End app, available on any App Store.
What to do during shifts
- Wear your Class A uniform
- Greet customers approaching the store and ask if they want to support Pack 134 by purchasing popcorn. We will have sample scripts to assist the scouts with their sales pitch.
- Give customers the popcorn that they purchased. We will have several varieties at the sales location, and there will be a number to call if you run out of supplies before your shift ends.
- We also accept donations, so if someone wants to support us, but not purchase popcorn, that’s great, too!
- Accept payments either via credit card or cash.
- Log payments into the Trail’s End app. We will try to have a tablet available at the location for handling these transactions, but please bring your own phone or tablet just in case.
- Credit card payments can be taken through the Pack’s square reader, which will be available at the site, or by manually entering in the credit card number on the Trail’s End app.